Being a cosmopolitan city, Kolkata represents a blend of different religions. This 9-hour trip will give you the essence of the culmination of cultures and religions in Kolkata.
- Visit the most auspicious religious centers of Kolkata
- Get to know the culture and tradition of Kolkata and they are interwoven into each other.
- Enjoy a ferry ride over the Ganges and get a glimpse of city’s skyline.
- Get free hotel pick-up and drop off. The tour will be led by a local guide.
- Submerge in a refreshing Kolkata Masala Chai.
Kalikata is derived from the Bengali word Kalikshetra meaning “Ground of the Goddess Kali”. Starting with Kalighat, one of the 51 Shakti Peethas of India is a place to watch for. Being 200 years old this temple worship Goddess Kali.
Changing our course, we go to St John’s Church, one of the first cathedral churches built by the British in Kolkata. This neoclassical architectural style church holds the grave of Job Charnock.
Then we come to Magen David Synagogue. The interior walls of the synagogue contain memorial plaques dedicated to the well-known Jews of Calcutta.
Take a turn and you have Nakhoda Masjid, the principal mosque of Kolkata.
Then we have our eyes on the Pareshnath Temple. This Jain temple is an architectural brilliance with stained glass work all over.
Time to have our lunch.
Having finished our lunch, we head for the Dakhineshwar temple and the Belur Math. These two temples are separated by the river Ganga. Have a great experience on the cool and calm ride over the Ganges.
End your day with a refreshing Kolkata Masala Chai and later drop off at your hotel.